Sunday, May 29, 2011

Diving into Life!


To be underwater is to discover a totally new world; a world that is vibrant with different life forms, colors, landscapes. Scuba diving was a first for me. I kind of knew I was going to like it...but that much?!! :)

It is during my stay on Koh Tao Island, in the Gulf of Thailand, that I followed two diving courses to become an advanced recreational diver. Mixing theory, introductory dives, and then advanced skill learning, I spent a very exciting week. Not only did I find the physics of diving and the equipment complexity interesting, but I found the feeling of diving itself just incredible. When at twenty something meters deep, you stare up at a coral wall full of fish, sea cucumbers, anemones, and so many other sea creatures, your body completely buoyant giving you the feeling of flying, your bubbles of air in the distant remaining sun rays, you feel, you are, in a different world.

Each day brought its range of dive; from a night dive (crazy!) to a ship wreck at thirty meters deep (crazy too! hehe) to an underwater photography course. My free time was rare but I can't not mention the many evenings spent sitting in a puffy cushion, feet in the sand, listening to the sound of the waves and to laughing new friends, exhausted from the diving day, beer in hand, overlooking the most beautiful sunset ever.

And it is with this week of ocean diving fun that I prepare myself to dive into another world; your world, my very own world. It has been a...I can't quite find the words...an absolutely amazing adventure, filled with discoveries and learning, about new cultures but also about me. It would not have been the same, off course, without you all, out there, reading my blog, keeping me posted about your lives, making me feel supported and encouraged in your own way. Merci, merci beaucoup.

And the beauty of my next adventures in my own world is that I will see you all very very soon as my summer brings me to Montreal, St. John's, Halifax, and the final big move to Vancouver.

Take care,

Veronik
-xxx-



No comments:

Post a Comment